Vision for the Future
Mary Martha Outreach is collaborating with other non-profit organizations in our area to create a two-year program designed to help families move out of poverty and towards self-sufficiency. Data indicates that working with family units is more effective than working with individual family members.
Each organization involved has specialized strengths and established services and resources. This program would allow us to join our strengths, streamline our services, and pool our resources to reach more families and serve them better.
The 2-Year "Big Tent" Program
The program would include:
- A central intake system with intake counselors
- A transitional, monitored housing facility
- A job coordination program
- A more long-term housing facility
- The family commits to the two-year program
- The family is assigned intake counselor and a job coordinator.
- The family moves into monitored transitional housing for four months.
- Jobs are found for family members ages 18 - 54.
- The family is connected with a local church.
- After four months, the family moves into a more permanent housing unit.
- The family learns vital skills like finance management.
- After two years, the family has a reliable income and the resources they need to survive on their own.